Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dear Grandma,
I thought I would take the opportunity of a mellow morning at work to send you a little note...while drink my coffee. I know it's something you were very fond of doing with your friends so I thought that maybe this morning I would be able to share it with you. I often wonder if you're doing the same things up there in heaven that you used to love so much when you were down here. And I wonder if you're still proud of me like you were then - now that you see me more than you used to. I sure hope so, you're face shows up in more places than you'd ever realize.

I had a great weekend, one that even the winter cold could not damper. Friday night I met with some close friends - it was just us four girls and - well - a few bottles of wine. We spent the night just talking and laughing and did it all with nothing but each other's friendship. Sometimes the simplest nights are the ones that end up being the greatest ones. Saturday morning Jamey and I completed our first week of marathon training with our first "long run". The longest ones are always on Saturdays, this one was 10 miles. I won't say it was a breeze, but much easier than I thought it would be and realized it's not a matter of whether or not my body can do it - anyone's can - it's just a matter of having my head where it needs to be..it's just a mind game anyway. You wouldn't believe how often I think of you when I'm running. I see you there, and somehow, you're often my motivation to keep going. I hope I feel this the day I run 26.2 miles, because lets face it, this is just one more thing I want to do to make you proud. We got done running and I headed over to Blair's apartment to help her move to a new one - one closer to me. Of course it will be nice to have her closer for when she gets called in and I need to go to her house -many times in the middle of the night - to watch her babies, but I'm happy to have her that much closer becuase she's my family here. Who doesn't want to have their family as close as possible. When we were finished moving boxes and catching up we gathered up the boyfriends and drug them to a chick flick, and surprisingly (with the exception of a few comments) they handled that quite well. We're both very lucky girls to have guys like them. Sunday was a lazy day, but my favorite kind. Casey and I did a little shopping and went out that night for a couple of my favorties - spaghetti and ice cream.

And here we are at a new week, a call week, one that started with a bang last night with 11 pm and 4 am calls. I'm just trying to keep a good attitude and just get it over with. I can't have another call week as bad as the last one I had, right? I can't be in a bad mood today tho, I'm at Immanual, another Alegent hospital with a little less to do and a LOT less drama. It's a nice change and who can possibly be in a bad mood on "The Biggest Loser" night? Hopefully Abby and I will be able to make it through the whole show, page free. If not, well then, Thank the Lord for DVR.

I hope this finds you in good spirits but imagine it's the only way you are these days. I know you're up there enjoying all you've ever wanted, and I'm so happy for that, I just wish it didn't leave us with an emptyness down here. You'll have a new great grandbaby before long, and I'm sure mommy and daddy are getting anxious for little Will to be born. It seems like time has gone so fast for them but February sure is a good month to bring new Papes into the world. =)

I love you,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment