Friday, February 19, 2010

Dear Grandma,



Another week has passed and I would imagine you and Grandma Weisser have been busy up there catching up with Lulie. I'd bet there was plenty of coffee and kuchen...and laughs, I'm sure. I hope you all had some of Grandma Weisser's kuchen because if you didn't she will stand behind you asking "Don't you like it?" until you do. You'll like it, trust me. I wish it hadn't been so long since I've seen Lu last, I remember it was the summer of my third year of college when mom and I saw her in the Hyvee parking lot. She seemed confused then, but still bubbly as ever. There never will be a pair of sisters quite like those three but I'm sure they'll have much more fun up there.

It's my birthday today and I'm really missing you. We never did talk on the phone much but you always knew to make an important day special with a phone call. I watched the video for "Temoporary Home" this morning with Casey and cried like a four year old when she says thanks her Grandpa for waiting for her. I know that feeling all too well and I'm thankful I made it for such an important moment but still just don't quite understand it. I didn't realize that the hole digs itself deeper with every "first" we experience without you. It just hasn't gotten any easier yet - in fact - a lot of days it's just a bit harder.

I had a great Valentines and am now having a great birthday. I have a great boyfriend and he makes sad mornings like this morning better. I missed you, I missed my parents but I am very thankful he was here, and I'm lucky that family is as important to him as it is to me. He got it and he let me be sad, but he also made me feel better.

I wish I had more to say, but to be honest, words bring tears to my eyes today especially with a missing phone call and the missing card that would have likely taken all afternoon to read. I need to stop so I can spare Casey anymore tears to wipe. I want you to know that I am thinking of you today - more than most days.

I love you,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment